Q: Car door opens on its own

My driver's side door opens on its own. It also opens half way and then stops.

A: Hi. It sounds like you are having problems ...

Hi. It sounds like you are having problems with you automatic sliding side door. The door has a bundle of wires that run along the bottom. Over time, these wires break and cause electrical issues with your vehicle. Issues range from a door that doesn't work to one that works intermittently. Other common causes for your problem include a power sliding door module that needs to be reprogrammed and a failed obstruction detection sensor. I suggest you have a trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the electrical components in your vehicle and replace any damaged parts.