Q: Car door opens on its own

My driver's side door opens on its own. It also opens half way and then stops.

Hi. It sounds like you are having problems with you automatic sliding side door. The door has a bundle of wires that run along the bottom. Over time, these wires break and cause electrical issues with your vehicle. Issues range from a door that doesn’t work to one that works intermittently. Other common causes for your problem include a power sliding door module that needs to be reprogrammed and a failed obstruction detection sensor. I suggest you have a trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the electrical components in your vehicle and replace any damaged parts.