Q: Q: Ignition switch wont turn

My key won't turn. So I called a lock repair shop and they are coming to switch out the ignition switch. My concern is about the security passlock or the computer codes? Will it be ok? Or Will I still have to take it to a dealership after they switch out the ignition switch?

The key must pass the vehicles security in order for the vehicle to start. The ignition lock cylinder housing contains the electronic equipment necessary for the vehicle to start. The keys and ignition lock cylinder replacement are a purely mechanical process and can be done without issues as long as the keys match the lock cylinder and the lock cylinder is compatible with the vehicle.

3. Q: Ignition switch wont turn