Q: Transmission temperature indicator light randomly comes on and off but transmission is fine.

I'm not leaking any trans fluid and fluid color is red and I'm not having any problems with shifting or overheating just the light comes on and off its annoying and worry some.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Dodge Dakota. You may have a defective transmission temperature sensor in the transmission pan that needs to be replaced. This is a common problem that can trigger the transmission temperature indicator light to come on. If you need any help having this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the temperature indicator light in person and let you know what should be done.

3. Transmission temperature indicator light randomly comes on and off but transmission is fine.