Q: What happens if you put ow520 oil in a 2011 Chrysler 200?

My mom bought the wrong oil for my Chrysler 200 its supposed to take w520 but she bought ow520 and took it to kwik kar and they put the oil in my car..

Hi there- you will likely not notice any difference at all, and it is unlikely to cause any engine damage. The "0" (vs 5) rating has to do with the fluidity of the oil when it is coldest. It will be more "fluid" when you first start your engine, and since the "20" weight rating for operating temperature viscosity (aka fluidity) is the same, the engine is protected at operating temperature. So, maybe take it a tad easier when first starting your engine, let the temp come up to the middle of the gauge, and forget about it.

Your vehicle requires 5W-20 API SN (Resource Conserving) oil that meets Chrysler standard MS-6395. The standard must be printed on the oil label. If you temporarily use 0W-20 oil there will be no adverse effect on your engine because both oils (5W-20 versus 0W-20) are 20 weight oils once the engine is at operating temperature. Indeed, the 0W rating will ease cold starts and possibly give you better fuel mileage. At your next scheduled oil change, simply revert back to 5W-20 oil that meets or exceeds Chrysler standard MS-6395. YourMechanic offers mobile oil and filter changes if such will better suit your needs and schedule. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.