Q: Rear wheel brake drum stuck

asked by on February 15, 2018

My brake pedal was loose, so I decided to open braking liquid gap(maybe air will come out and become normal), after that, I closed gap and pressed on brake pedal, then I heard and feeled some strange clap, after that handbrake was really loose, but started to hold when at maximum height. I decided to add some braking liquid(proper) after driving few miles, I parked my car and pressed suddenly and hardly brake pedal, after what drivers rear side wheel brake drum got stuck and wont open when knocking on plate. What to do? Handbrake is still loose, but other rear passenger brake works nicely. At top i choosed Suzuki, but there is no option for my car Renault Thalia 1.4, maybe i shoud disconnect brake liquid line to that wheel?

The problem is in the parking brake mechanism or rear caliper assembly if rear disk brakes. You may need to release rear brake shoes by turning rear adjuster through rear backing plate to get drum off to find out what has caused the brake to seize.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr