Q: Q: Car jerks when shifting

I recently purchased a used SUV and naturally, when I bought it there were no problems & it worked just fine… until two days later. The reverse parking sensors quit and when putting it into Reverse, it takes between 5-15 seconds to shift. When it does shift, it’s like it slams it! It literally jerks back my head! I'm being told by family and friends that I'm just not accustomed to driving a V8, but this truly does not feel right. Can you tell me if this is a normal thing since it drove well before purchasing it?

This is not a normal thing to expect. Ford does have a TSB out for a faulty pressure control solenoid depending on the production date of your vehicle. This can cause harsh shifting and delayed shifting into reverse to occur and may not necessarily illuminate the transmission light or log any faults in the transmission control module. The repair, if this is the case, is to replace the transmission valve body. You may want to consult with a certified mechanic or a transmission shop in order to diagnose the transmission issue more precisely before moving forward with repairs.

3. Q: Car jerks when shifting