Q: 2004 Cadillac srx will crank but won't start

Was driving and it cut off and now it won't start but it will crank. Prior to that the key gets stuck in the ignition and a few of the gauges won't work.

For a sudden failure like this, I would check to see if the fuel pump has failed and check for spark at the spark plugs. If no spark, suspect that a key global sensor such as the crankshaft position sensor has failed. Other common faults are defective spark plugs or a defective coil. Regardless of the underlying cause, if you request a no start diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get the problem diagnosed and repaired for you promptly. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

3. 2004 Cadillac srx will crank but won't start