Q: Rattling noise coming from my car - 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

My car started making a rattling nosie it only does it when I get on the gas I have oil in my car I recently got it changed on the 6th of this month. I need help figuring out what the problem is. Someone told me that my cam shaft is wearing off I need a new one HELP PLEASE...

A: Hi there. Rattling noises can be caused by ...

Hi there. Rattling noises can be caused by very many things. The noise needs to be isolated to determine whether the noise is internal (inside the engine or transmission) or external (an accessory component, e.g., A/C compressor, water pump, alternator, serpentine belt tensioner assembly, idler pulley, etc.). Repairing or replacing components without proper diagnoses could be expensive and time consuming. I recommend having your vehicle’s rattling noise inspected and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.