Q: I have a 1998 Honda Accord 2.3 and when I first bought it , it had issues shifting gears and it would rev up 1998 Honda Accord

I have a 1998 Honda accord 2.3 and when I first bought it , it had issues shifting gears and it would rev up then eventually it would drop into gear. I believe its in what's called "Lmip Mode" because it will not rev above 4000 rpms and I changed the oil in it. a city mechanic told me to change the solenoids on the transmission and see if it works. so my aunt buy and sells cars so she decided to by a Obd 2 reader for $400 and I used it this morning and it read code p0706 transmission range solenoid and a bad wheel right front wheel speed sensor , it also reads valve timing malfunction code p1259 or something like that , right front wheel speed sensor reads p11-1 I know I need motor mounts. I want to know whats going to get my car out of limp mode first and whats gonna really be essenitial FIRST to getting my car out of limp mode and running to its full potential again, is there anything I can do that's a temporary fix for now until I get the money to make the repairs myself DIY. so wha

Hello - this is a challenge, since you have multiple serious problems. The P1259 problem is most likely what is putting your engine into "limp mode". P1259 in a Honda is a problem with the variable valve timing mechanism of your engine. Problems with this will usually cause poor performance, and possible engine damage. However, the transmission shift malfunction issue - which may be yet another problem code not mentioned - can also cause limp-mode behavior. Your P0706 (range sensor switch - detects when you are in Park or Neutral) problem - should not allow you to even start the engine, so not a limp-mode cause. I recommend a Check Engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose all of your problems, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. I have a 1998 Honda Accord 2.3 and when I first bought it , it had issues shifting gears and it would rev up 1998 Honda Accord