Q: Q: Car will not start. Just clicks

My Taurus will not turn over at all. When I turn the key it just clicks repeatedly. The starter in less than a year old and the battery is about 2 years old. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the problem is.

Hey there. This may be related to the starter solenoid. This is a unit on the starter that directs power to the starter allowing it to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, it may cause the clicking sound you hear. If you need help having this resolved, a qualified professional, like one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the starting problem and assist with repair.

3. Q: Car will not start. Just clicks