Q: What is the code P0406 and P0128?

What are the reasons for the code p0406 p0128 for the 2006 model Jeep Cherokee Aqrand?

The code P0406 is for the electronic gas recirculation valve high circuit input. Meaning the valves sensor is detecting a high voltage input. This can be due to carbon build up on the valve, a bad valve, or a bad solenoid.

The first thing to do is to clean the valve. The code P0128 is for a failed thermostat reading. This can be due to low coolant levels, failed coolant temperature sensor, faulty intake air temperature sensor, failed thermostat housing, or failed thermostat itself. If you would like to get a precise diagnosis of the fault codes, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to properly pinpoint the faults.

3. What is the code P0406 and P0128?