Q: How do the childproof door locks work?

How do the childproof door locks work?

A: As a parent, keeping your children safe is ...

As a parent, keeping your children safe is priority number one. That applies to when they’re in the car as well. If your child is large enough to reach the door handles from the car seat or booster seat, you need to make sure you’re using the childproof locks to prevent them from opening the door while the car is in motion. Here’s how to use them.

1. Open the rear door

2. Locate the childproof lock switch

3. Slide the switch down to engage the lock

4. Slide the switch up to disengage the lock

When the childproof locks are engaged, the doors will not open from inside the car even if the door is technically unlocked. They can be opened from the outside only.