Q: Run out of oil

asked by on July 10, 2017

It over heated to 215 it normal at 210 I haven't not drove it sence it started shaking

It sounds like you may have overheated the motor as a result of not having enough oil in it. This can happen for a number of reasons such as an oil leak, a failing oil pump or potentially a motor that is burning the oil. When the engine runs out of oil, this causes the motor to create very intense heat due to the amount of friction on the internal components essentially cooking the metal components and eventually resulting in the motor shutting down or freezing up. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take look at your vehicle to properly diagnose.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr