Q: What may cause my transmission to jerk?

asked by on October 03, 2016

The car loses power while going up hills. Has rough jerks while accelerating and at certain speeds like 75. Loud knocking sounds when jerking. Sometimes it feels like pressing the gas is rough then smooth. Cat converter recently changed so that helped.

These types of rough running issues are very hard to diagnose without taking a look at the vehicle and doing some diagnostic testing. This could be caused by the vehicle needing a tune up, a fuel pressure problem, a vacuum leak, or any number of other possible problems. A certified mechanic will have the specialty tools and techniques necessary to pinpoint the issue.

If you need help identifying and repairing the issue, YourMechanic offers several options. They have trained mechanics that can come to your home, or place of business, and perform the diagnosis of the rough driving symptoms you’re experiencing and repair it you.