Q: Locked solenoid valve

asked by on February 25, 2016

My engine light is on. It was diagnosed as code P1740 - a locked solenoid valve.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The code is for the lock up control solenoid circuit of the transmission or transmission module. The first test indicated for the code is to clear the code and see if it returns. If it does not return, then it is intermittent and should be ignored. If the code returns then a diagnostic check will need to be done to see if the module, wiring, or transmission solenoid is the cause. Other owners mostly just cleared the code and it did not come back. If you would like this inspected, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to clear your Engine Light and let you know what needs to be done.