Q: My car gauge goes to regular temperature, there's coolant in the system, but the heater doesn't blow out hot air?

My car runs find, but it's getting to the colder weather where I live at, so I just purchased this car, and did a little work to it. It warms up to 1/2 way point an stays there, but when I try turning on the heater it blows out cold air? Why is that?

Hey there. I would check the fuse for the heater control valves first. These are solenoid-operated valves which allow or shut off hot water to the heater core. If they are not opening, there is no hot water in the heater core to heat with. To verify the problem, I recommend having a local answer diagnose the AC system and assist with proper repairs.

• My car gauge goes to regular temperature, there's coolant in the system, but the heater doesn't blow out hot air?