Was Traveling down the highway at 70 mph when my auto con...

Q: Was Traveling down the highway at 70 mph when my auto control clicked itself off and the car stalled 2010 Nissan Sentra

asked by on August 26, 2017

As i was recently driving on a highway at about 65 to 70 mph. My car was on cruise control and all of a sudden it clicked off n felt as if the car had shut off aswell as all the check engine lights were displayed brightly. Pressing on the gas resulted in the car jerking and only causeed it to slow down more. At this point i placed it in nuetral n coasted to a safe stopping point. When i stopped i took the keys out and proceeded to start it up. It started fine then died immidietly as it would not idle. I cleaned the battery n check the oil n all seemed fined. I would also mention my gas tank was full. Eventually it started n stayed on in which we went to auto zone to get the battery and alternator checked n they were fine. They did not connect a computer system because there was no check engine light. I drove it around n it seems fine but the rpms just seem low. When im stoped it teeters between .5 an 1 rpm. But its running normal again, although i have yet to drive it on a highway

Hello. I have seen this frequently on this vehicle. Most of the time the issue is with the crank position sensor. This sensor tells the computer that the engine is rotating. If it fails the engine stops. These will go bad intermittently and that are hard to diagnose. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the car stalled] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-stalling-inspection