Q: When staring the car cold and hot the cars engine squeaks for 1-2mins then stops. I do have a new belt on and still squeaks

asked by on April 28, 2016

New belt and no cracking but the belt squeaks when the car starts.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the belts are on correct and are tight enough then the only thing it could be is the crankshaft damper is slipping and would need to be checked for slippage. I suspect the belts are not tight enough and this is the most common fix. If the belts are not tight enough will squeal when cold since this is when the rubber has the least amount of grab on the pulleys. If you need help then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and diagnose the source of the noise for you. Make sure you set an early appointment and do not start the vehicle until the mechanic gets there and is ready to hear the problem. This helps in making sure the problem gets diagnosed properly and fixed.