Q: Tachometer slowly rises while driving (1500 rpm after 5 min, 4000 rpm after 10) regardless of gear

Trying to find where to start looking for the issue

Hi there. Check the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) on the transmission for any loose wires. If the wires are tight, then remove the VSS and clean it off, then put it back in and retest. If the symptoms come back, then replace the VSS. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can assist you with your vehicle.

• Tachometer slowly rises while driving (1500 rpm after 5 min, 4000 rpm after 10) regardless of gear