Q: The gas cap on my car broke off. (The black knob you use to screw in the gas cap.) The gas cap is stuck securely in the fuel neck. How can I remove it?

The black knob on the gas cap broke off. I'd like to replace it, but do not know how to do so. When I pop the gas tank, I see nothing but I see white.

Hi there. To remove the gas cap that broke off, get a pair of needle nose pliers and use it to remove the gas cap. Try to locate a part of the gas cap that you can grab with the needle nose pliers and turn the gas cap as if you were to take it off. You may need needle nose vice grips for a stronger hold. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with removing the broken gas cap.

3. The gas cap on my car broke off. (The black knob you use to screw in the gas cap.) The gas cap is stuck securely in the fuel neck. How can I remove it?