Q: Hello! I was running low on coolant so I added water until I could buy some. Now that I bought coolant, can I add it on top of the

asked by on September 02, 2017

Hello! I was running low on coolant so I added water until I could buy some. Now that I bought coolant, can I add it on top of the water? I am not in the position to have it flushed today but can do it on Tuesday. Will this damage my engine? Thank you!

If you have been running low on coolant and been adding water instead of coolant then you do not know the coolant level of protection for anti-boil or anti-freeze and should replace all the coolant fluid in the car. If you are still getting low then you need to find the reason it is getting low before changing out the fluid.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr