Q: GWM Steed wont start and engine light and EBD light both on

asked by on December 18, 2016

hi i have a GWM steed year 2012 with 2.5 engine capacity. My problem is that the car won't start. When i turn the key to on position, the engine light and the red "EBD" light both turns on. The EBD light turns off after a while but the engine light stays on.

I tried running a scanner on the vehicle but there was no fault code detected.

Please do help

Hi there. If the engine is not starting, then check the battery and make sure that the battery cables are tight and clean. Check the wires on the starter and see if they are tight and clean. Then scan the computer for any codes to determine what is being locked out. The EBD light is coming on for something is wrong with the brake system. Check all of the wheel speed sensors and make sure that there is no brake fluid leaks. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.