I have a 2009 please Pontiac G6 GT and replaced the radia...

Q: I have a 2009 please Pontiac G6 GT and replaced the radiator and thermostat and still overheating. There is no coolant flow?

asked by on December 26, 2017

I have 2009 Pontiac G6 gt and i replaces my radiator and thermostat and it’s still heating? But the top radiator hose feels flat like no coolant flow??? Could my water pump be the issue???

Check to make sure the hoses are not collapsed as that would obviously prevent coolant circulation. Check the serpentine belt tension on the water pump pulley to be sure the belt is driving the pump at adequate speed. It is possible for the water pump to fail to pump or become inefficient due to various failure modes such as a broken shaft, dislodged impeller, corroded impeller, and so forth. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.