Finding hidden kill switches honda 2005 v6-3.5l odyssey

Q: Finding hidden kill switches

asked by on February 17, 2018

I suspect there is a hidden remote or local kill switch in my 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L. There are many types and models of kill switches but they all can be hidden anywhere in the car.
What to look for in order to find that kill switch? especially the one designed to disconnect the battery from the car starter. Thank you!

If the vehicle will not start, an unknown aftermarket "kill switch" that is active, would be found in the course of a no start diagnostic. On the other hand, if a remotely operated device exists, but it is not presently preventing the vehicle from starting yet you still wish to locate it and potentially remove it, those devices are found via a starting motor circuit trace using the factory wiring diagram. The wiring diagram documents all wiring and devices in the starting circuit. If the trace shows that everything matches the diagram, there is no kill switch. You can also perform a physical inspection, in the hope that an obvious "out of place" component comes into view but that won’t help you if the desire is to omit the kill switch because you will still need the wiring diagram to restore the starting circuit to its original configuration. If your situation is that you suspect a switch but it is not causing problems and you just want to know if it’s there or not, just request an electrical component diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.