Q: Car jerks when shifting gears, check engine light

asked by on June 03, 2016

I need help. For the last couple weeks, when my car is in motion, it jerks when it shifts gears, then it goes into limp mode. I can't change gears with the autostick, and the car feels very sluggish. I usually fix this by pulling over, turning the car off, and back on. Now I'm starting to get check engine lights. The computer says codes p0700 (transmission control system malfunction) and p2767 (No input speed sensor signal). I've heard this is a common problem. Do I need to just replace the input transmission speed sensor? What else could it be?

There are more tests that need to be done before the speed sensor module is replaced. There are about 20 tests that need to be done to verify the number turbine speed sensor is not working properly. These tests are very specialized, and only a dealer trained transmission technician with specialized equipment could diagnose the problem for you. I would recommend having a dealer mechanic diagnose the problem and replace the transmission electrohydraulic control unit as an assembly if it is testing bad. This is internal part of the transmission and requires removal of the transmission fluid and pan for access.