Q: OBD code P1399

asked by on February 18, 2016

The Check Engine light is on and has an OBD code P1399. Is this an issue with the valves?

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

On Honda vehicles the OBD code p1399 indicates that there is a random misfire occurring in the engine. In most cases a valve adjustment will correct this issue, however a blocked passage in the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) system can also generate this same code. Valve adjustments should be performed on Honda vehicles every 50,000 miles. Finding a blockage in the EGR system is not uncommon to find either. Both of these services are fairly straight forward and considered routine maintenance on your Honda Pilot. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and inspect your Honda’s misfiring issue. They will have the tools and experience needed to perform a valve adjustment as well as check the EGR passages for any blockage and clean it if necessary. They will also be able to give your car a thorough inspection and inform you if any other systems on your Honda need attention as well.