Q: OBD code P1399

The Check Engine light is on and has an OBD code P1399. Is this an issue with the valves?

A: On Honda vehicles the OBD code p1399 indica...

On Honda vehicles the OBD code p1399 indicates that there is a random misfire occurring in the engine. In most cases a valve adjustment will correct this issue, however a blocked passage in the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) system can also generate this same code. Valve adjustments should be performed on Honda vehicles every 50,000 miles. Finding a blockage in the EGR system is not uncommon to find either. Both of these services are fairly straight forward and considered routine maintenance on your Honda Pilot. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and inspect your Honda's misfiring issue. They will have the tools and experience needed to perform a valve adjustment as well as check the EGR passages for any blockage and clean it if necessary. They will also be able to give your car a thorough inspection and inform you if any other systems on your Honda need attention as well.