Q: After driving on the freeway my car will randomly shut off at a stop it will start right back up and be ok this has happened a few

what could be the problem with my car randomly shutting off at a stop after driving on the freeway but then starting back up and being ok , this has happened a few times in the past month .

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Pontiac Sunfire. You may be having a problem with the torque converter lock up solenoid sticking and the converter staying locked up until the vehicle stalls. The engine will restart and work fine until on highway again. The stall will feel like chugging or like a car with a clutch not pushed in. When you feel the chug as you approach a stop, try putting the engine in neutral to see if this prevents the engine from stalling. You may need to have the overdrive solenoid replaced. If you would like to have the problem resolved, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling issue and help you proceed with repairs.

3. After driving on the freeway my car will randomly shut off at a stop it will start right back up and be ok this has happened a few