Q: How do you start the engine?

How do you start the engine?

A: Starting the engine is simple, even though ...

Starting the engine is simple, even though the ignition on your car might be slightly different from what you’re used to using. Here’s how:

1. Make sure you have the Intelligent Key with you.

2. Push the brake pedal.

3. Make sure the transmission is in park.

4. Push the ignition switch to on and then to start.

5. To turn off the engine, push the start/stop button again.

Tips

• If the engine will not start, make sure you have the Intelligent Key with you and that the transmission is in park or neutral. If the Intelligent Key’s battery is dead, put the key into the port on the dash.

• If the engine is flooded and will not start, press the gas pedal to the floor and hold it. Attempt to crank the engine five or six times. Stop and release the gas pedal. Hold the brake pedal and try to crank the engine again.