Q: Transmission pan leak

I changed to gasket (rubber) and filter during the summer. This fall the dip stick broke off and I had to drop the pan to get the tip. I reused the same gasket and sealed it back up. It kept leaking, so I resolved to buy a new gasket (cork Victor Reinz) and put some copper sealant around the gasket and pan. I put it on and everything was good until I drove it around for awhile. I arrived at my destination and found a considerable amount leaking out (1 drip ever 7sec). I had to retighten everything, not sure if I was leaking because it just needed to be retightened. As of now, I'm keeping an eye on everything. Do I need to try and shift the pan? Could it be from the dipstick tube? Is there a sequence which I should tighten everything, any suggestions would be very helpful. I don't want to drop the pan again if I can help it.
Thank you.

Hello. If the gasket and sealant were applied and allowed to cure properly then you should not need to shift the pan in any sort of way. If the gasket is leaking then re torquing the bolts may repair the issue if the leak is coming from a space on the pan near one of the bolts. If the leak is coming from somewhere else, such as the dipstick tube, then tightening the pan bolts will not have resolve the issue. After tightening the bolts I would carefully inspect the vehicle to see if there are any more leaks, and if there are, trace them back to the source. If the leak is from the pan, and continues to leak even after being re torqued then it may be possible that the pan needs to be resealed, perhaps with a new gasket. If the leak is from the pan, and you do not wish to service it again I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to replace the transmission oil pan gasket.

3. Transmission pan leak