Q: Clicking sound when turning over.

My 2005 Chevy Tahoe won't start it just click. Replaced battery and checked terminal connections and cleaned them before installing the new battery. Truck won't crack. What's wrong?

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty starter solenoid or starter relay. If you hear a clicking sound when turning the key, it is likely that your starter solenoid may be faulty. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key.

3. Q: Clicking sound when turning over.