Q: how hard is it to change 2013 Chevy Captiva Sport Camshaft Position Sensor L4 2.4L

asked by on August 06, 2017

my engine light is on I stopped at auto zone and print out said p0010 intake camshaft position actuator circuit /open bank 1

how hard is this to change?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. Like any other mechanical repair, the definition of ’easy’ is relative based on the level of experience you have, access to the correct tools and detailed instructions. If you’re going to replace this component, I would highly recommend purchasing a service and repair manual for your Captiva Sport, as it will provide you with detailed instructions that will make this job much easier. I would also recommend replacing the electrical harness as well as the sensor itself, as about 50% of the time, the code is caused by the harness being damaged.