Q: Throttle light keeps coming on even after I have gotten it replaced.

I replaced my throttle body because i was experiencing problems with my car while accelerating. My Dodge avenger throttle light would come on and immediately it would jerk and start acting weird as if it wants to shut off. Sometimes it does shut off when i stop at a light if i don't push on the gas pedal a little.When I have my foot on the brake my car sometimes move.

A: This may be a sign of a failing throttle po...

This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. The sensor is usually located on the throttle plate so that it can directly monitor the position of the throttle.

The ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal as you have experienced.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to you home to diagnose your stalling issue and service your throttle control system as necessary.