Q: 2005 Ford Five Hundred transmission filter removal

I own a 2005 Ford five hundred and I've taken the transmission apart down to what I think is the filter. I'm finding nothing online, so I went here. It seems to be a little plus symbol cap that I unscrew or pop off, but I can't seem to do it.

I’m going to assume you have the CFT30 continuously variable transmission (CVT). There are two filters on this transmission: a traditional internal filter and an external ’High Pressure’ filter. To remove the internal filter, first remove the transmission pan. Then, pull the filter straight down to release it from the valve body (I don’t think this filter has any screws holding it in place, but you might want to double check). If you are looking to replace the external filter, you’ll have to start by removing the fluid cooler tubes from the cover. Then, remove the pressure filter cover and feed tube. Finally remove the filter. Reinstall in the reverse order of removal and install all new o-rings on the serviced components. If this seems like a job you’d prefer to leave to a professional, the team at YourMechanic offers expert transmission fluid service.

3. 2005 Ford Five Hundred transmission filter removal