Q: Replaced Clutch but still not working

asked by on August 17, 2016

The clutch won't disengage fully after trying to bleed it... the master cylinder and slave have been replaced! I spent $800 replacing the parts. There are no leaks.. And it will disengage properly. My friend says it looks like it needs to be pressure bled. How much does this cost? Is it worth fixing? Do you think pressure bleeding will help fix the problem?

My car has a manual transmission. The car can start in first gear.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2004 Ford Focus. Pressure bleeding may be the only way to get all the air out of the system. The process puts pressure into the master cylinder with fluid, and pushes the fluid in and all you do is open the bleeder and all the air is pushed out. Another way is to use a vacuum pump and hook it to the clutch bleeder and pull the fluid and air out. If you would like to have this problem scoped out first, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the clutch issue and perform the appropriate repairs.