Q: is it possible to replace the a/c clutch and bearing on a mazda protege 5 without replacing the compressor

is it possible to replace the a/c clutch and bearing without replacing the compressor

On almost all A/C compressors, it is possible to replace the clutch without replacing the entire unit. To replace the clutch requires a special tool kit for doing just that. The A/C compressor does have to be removed from the vehicle in order to replace the clutch. Replacing the clutch only will only save the cost of the compressor. All other steps involved in replacing the compressor would be involved in replacing the clutch including an evacuate and recharge. Consider YourMechanic for your air conditioning services as they can be done from your home or office.

3. is it possible to replace the a/c clutch and bearing on a mazda protege 5 without replacing the compressor