Q: My service power steering fault came on and lost electronic power steering capability. Before that the advance trac lighting fa

asked by on February 09, 2018

See above lost electronic assisted power steering....advance trac fault lights came on on dashboard several times before this problem happened.

Hi Janet. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Your Ford has an electronic power steering system that is comprised of an electric motor and a few sensors and electrical connections. When the service light illuminates, it typically indicates an electrical or mechanical fault as being the source of this issue. Since the steering is a vital component to safe operation of your vehicle, it’s common for the EPS (electronic power steering) to disable to render the car undrivable. The problem is that since there are multiple components that make up this system, an on-site inspection would be required first in order to determine the source, so the right repairs can be completed.