Q: my car dies when it idling

asked by on March 01, 2017

when i start it as long as my foot is on the gas it runs. take my foot off it dies. it codes to air intake

Hello, and thank you for writing in. You will want to turn your attention to the idle air control valve, throttle, and throttle position sensor. You can inspect the intake system for obvious vacuum leaks, a dirty filter, a clog, a sticking throttle, or a dirty throttle, and take corrective action from there. You can then turn your attention to the fuel system and perform a fuel pressure test at the engine. If the pressure is low, then you will want to check the fuel pump and fuel filter. Fuel filters are often overlooked and should be changed once a year or so depending on driving habits. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.