Q: Car wont stay running

asked by on September 28, 2017

Okay so I snapped my timing belt resulting in bent valves. I got the top end rebuilt and a few other odds and ends to bring the fire back strong and give good readings, got everything back together except I noticed a leaking seal once I had the car running so I tore it back apart to replace the seal which was on the cam of the rear head behind the cam crank. Put it back together again now the car cranks to 2 grand and dies immediately. But if I unplug the brand new maf sensor it'll idle but roughly.

The first thing to check is for any broken or loose vacuum lines going to the intake manifold or the main inlet air tube from MAF to the intake throttle body. Any air leaks will cause this problem or if all this checks okay then try to replace the MAF since I have seen new ones to be defective. If you have not done so check the computer for codes. You may have to clear codes first and then retest to see what codes return since you disconnected the MAF while it was running would set a code.