Q: Hood hinge is not aligning the hood.

I'm having a slight issue with my hood not sitting flush properly on the passenger side. I've tried adjusting the hinges left, right, back, and forward but none of that seems to help. Is this a sign of having bad hood hinges because when I got into an slight accident my old hood was bent. So I just replaced the hood without replacing the hinges.

Hi there. If the hood will not set correctly on the vehicle and the adjustments were made in all directions, then the hinges may be bent or out of placement. I recommend replacing the hinges with new ones to have the hood sit flush on the front clip. If you need further assistance with your hood hinges, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.