Q: My Dodge truck overheated and turned off on me while I was driving and now it won't start

asked by on February 21, 2018

The truck overheated got hot turned off of me while I was driving what could be wrong with it

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Failure to re-start after overheating is typically due to component damage. That could be a damaged crankshaft position sensor, stuck valves, and so forth. The overheating doesn’t change the diagnostic, although to rule out mechanical causes, you could check cylinder compression in case the head gasket is leaking or valves are stuck. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr