Q: My car keeps showing safety mode, when the rpm crosses 6000 the cars power reduces and wont move.

asked by on March 05, 2017

My car keeps showing safety mode, when the rpm crosses 6000 the cars power reduces and wont move. I have codes p0731 p0732 p0733 p0016 p0018 p2008 p0325 p0507. That is the only problem, I recently changed the transmission and there is no problem while starting the car or while running, the only problem is when I push the accelerator completely the cars power gets reduced and the safety mode sign shows up.

The gap between the 6K and the 7K line is considered the red zone. This zone is marked as the over-revving speed for the engine as the valves cannot shut any faster and the timing chain creates too much slack movement. It is best to not go into the red line on the tachometer when driving. The computer sees the engine is over-revving and reduces the power to prevent any damage. The transmission input solenoid will make the vehicle go into limp mode in the event the transmission is over-spun. Now, for the code P0507, I recommend cleaning or replacing the Idle Air Control solenoid. The IAC will cause the engine idle to change and make the engine stall out or run at a higher rpm. If you need further assistance with the loss of power, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.