Q: Car won't accelerate past a certain speed

When my car hits a certain speed, I can't accelerate, or I begin to lose speed. The car may also shake/jerk at a full stop while my foot is on the brake. These issues happen frequently, but inconsistently.

A: You may be having a problem with the A pila...

You may be having a problem with the A pilar; the sunroof drain could be leaking water into some electrical connections in the driver’s side kick panel. The connections for the throttle position pedal sensor are there, which may have taken-on water, causing corrosion, which could be making the sensor give incorrect, erratic readings. I would recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come and check it for you to see if this is your problem. An engine scan would indicate problems in the system, and would be the best place to find a path to repair.