Q: Throttle doesn't open when I press down on the accelerator; vehicle starts fine and revs up smoothly; but has loss of power.

My wife drove the vehicle to work in the morning and it worked fine; when she drove it home in the afternoon it basically limped home. The check engine & loss of power lights were on. I checked the connections and everything looked fine; but the throttle body needed cleaning. So I took it off and cleaned it with throttle body cleaner & then put it back together. When I started the engine, same thing, it starts fine, but after a few seconds idles poorly and the check engine & loss of power lights come on. When I press the accelerator the engine smooths out and can rev up to 3000 rpm's. It does this even when I disconnect the plug from the throttle body.I got a throttle body from the junk yard, cleaned it thoroughly and tried it; still same thing.When I press down on the accelerator the throttle valve isn't opening. Is this a problem with the app sensor?

The throttle may not respond if any major computer sensor is failing if the computer cannot control the throttle safely. Have the codes scanned to diagnose the problem. If you need a mechanic like one from YourMechanic have one scan and diagnose the problem. It may be the pedal sensor causing the problem but would need testing.

• Throttle doesn't open when I press down on the accelerator; vehicle starts fine and revs up smoothly; but has loss of power.