Q: I just had my tires changed and now my abs light is on

I just got new tires from Wal-Mart and now all of my dasboard lights stay on

Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. There is a good chance that during the course of having the tires changed, the wheel sensors may have been bumped or moved causing them to trigger the ABS light to come on. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.

3. I just had my tires changed and now my abs light is on