Q: Clicking sound from the rear end on 1990 Porsche 944

The car has gone 165,000 miles. The other day I started the car and there was sudden clicking sound coming from the rear end. I tried driving it and the clicking in the rear continued as I was making a turn. The sound was like something slipped inside and caught again and the noise continued in this pattern. I was told this might be the cv joint. What do you think?

The rubber boot on the CV joint can rupture after high miles and the grease will leak or splatter from the area as the wheel it’s connected to turns. Once the joint is dry, you will be able to hear the metal rubbing together making a clicking noise. My suggestion would be to have a professional inspect the clicking noise in person in order to have this appropriately repaired.

3. Clicking sound from the rear end on 1990 Porsche 944