Q: Problem with two front doors.

The windshield wipers are not working. When I turn them on, I can hear the wiper motor going, but the arms don't move.

A: Unfortunately, this is a common issue with ...

Unfortunately, this is a common issue with the Grand Am’s wiper system as they age. Either the wiper linkage has worn out and broken or the transmission in the wiper motor itself has stripped. The wiper motor will need to be removed to determine the cause of your wiper failure. My advice is to have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, remove the wiper motor and linkage , replace the faulty component, reinstall the assembly and properly time the wiper arms.