Q: My 2007 Maxima stalls and bucks mainly after takeoff. What can possibly be the issue?

asked by on March 23, 2018

My 2007 Maxima stalls and bucks after takeoff. Mostly does it after it warms up. What are the possible issues? Would this be in motor or transmission?

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Stalling is typically an engine related issue unless something very unusual like a torque converter malfunction is at issue. So, engine management and controls would be evaluated first in a diagnostic. Among the causes that would be considered are a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty engine coolant temperature switch/sensor (typically at cold start only), faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. If you request an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.