Q: To pass emission test

asked by on October 27, 2016

My car is 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe. Fail the emission test. Trouble codes p0137 and p1372 came out.my tag expire oct 31.

Hello. I would need to know what engine you have in your Santa Fe to be able to accurately know what is going on. From the information that I have, it seems like you have an oxygen sensor that is failing. The code is for an oxygen sensor that is functioning incorrectly. It may be caused by a bad sensor, but there may be something else going on with the engine or exhaust that will also cause this. I start by checking the sensor reading with a scan tool to see what it is doing. From that information, I can determine where I need to start with the diagnostic. Most of the time, this is a sensor failure though - especially with this many miles. If you are thinking of having this Check Engine Light diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to inspect your vehicle and proceed with proper repairs.