Q: Hilux wont run properly.1995 Toyota Hilux

Hello, I own a toyota hilux 1995 ln106.

At first I noticed it losing power. Randomly dying. Now I cant start it without my foot on the pedal. It wont idle. And the engine loses power for a few seconds periodically.

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, congratulation on your high-miler! The first task is to review the problem codes stored in the on-board diagnostics. Although not OBD II, they should still be helpful in guiding your diagnosis. I would suspect fuel supply problems given that some of the symptoms come and go - perhaps a weak fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, injectors. Dirty throttle body or idle air controller is also likely. I would recommend a engine performance loss inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.