Q: Hilux wont run properly.1995 Toyota Hilux

Hello, I own a toyota hilux 1995 ln106.

At first I noticed it losing power. Randomly dying. Now I cant start it without my foot on the pedal. It wont idle. And the engine loses power for a few seconds periodically.

Hi there, congratulation on your high-miler! The first task is to review the problem codes stored in the on-board diagnostics. Although not OBD II, they should still be helpful in guiding your diagnosis. I would suspect fuel supply problems given that some of the symptoms come and go - perhaps a weak fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, injectors. Dirty throttle body or idle air controller is also likely. I would recommend a engine performance loss inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Hilux wont run properly.1995 Toyota Hilux