Q: Fans keep running

When the car is on, the engine fan keeps running. In addition, the temperature gauge points to hot, even when the not being driven or started. A local mechanic mentioned that I might need a modulator.

Hello. I would suspect that the coolant temperature sensor is faulty. The coolant temperature sensor is used to monitor the temperature of the coolant. If it is bad it can trick the ECU into thinking it is running hot. The ECU will then turn the fans on to try to protect the vehicle. Our company provides onsite vehicle inspection by trained technicians that will replace coolant the temperature sensor as well as check the rest of the cooling system for any other potential issues if requested.